Vice Chancellor for Quality and Institutional Effectiveness
Ph.D. from a reputed university
• Leadership role in a similar institution for a period not less than 10 years
• Specialized knowledge and administrative experience demonstrating the ability to lead a complex quality related operations.
• Experience in strategic planning and execution.
• Extensive knowledge in Quality Management at the University Level.
• Broad knowledge of Best practices in university management.
• Significant leadership and management experience in complex higher education environments, including strong financial and budget management skills;
• Ability and willingness to take measured risks for the achievement of quality excellence;
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to support the achievement of the University mission ;
• A commitment to enhancing the quality of student learning at the undergraduate, graduate levels.
Leadership and Strategic Vision:
Provide visionary leadership in shaping and advancing the university's commitment to quality, excellence, and institutional effectiveness.
Align institutional goals with global benchmarks and emerging trends in higher education.
Policy Development and Implementation:
Formulate and implement policies that foster a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring alignment with accreditation standards and regulatory requirements.
Oversee the dissemination of policies and guidelines to relevant stakeholders.
Strategic Planning and Alignment:
Lead the integration of quality assurance and institutional effectiveness initiatives into the university's strategic plan.
Ensure that all academic and administrative units align their activities with the overarching strategic goals.
Assume a central role in securing and maintaining accreditation for the university.
Facilitate comprehensive preparations for accreditation reviews, demonstrating a commitment to the highest academic standards.
Innovation and Best Practices:
Stay abreast of international best practices and innovations in higher education quality assurance.
Encourage and support the implementation of innovative strategies for continuous improvement.
External Engagement and Advocacy:
Represent the university in external forums, advocating for quality standards and promoting GMU's commitment to excellence.
Cultivate relationships with accreditation bodies, government agencies, and other relevant stakeholders.
Resource Allocation and Optimization:
Work collaboratively with university leadership to allocate resources strategically, ensuring that they are directed toward initiatives that enhance institutional effectiveness and quality.
Optimize the use of available resources to achieve maximum impact.
Stakeholder Satisfaction and Engagement:
Oversee efforts to measure and enhance stakeholder satisfaction, including students, faculty, staff, and external partners.
Professional Development and Capacity Building:
Build institutional capacity by promoting a culture of ongoing learning and skill development.